Albany County Dental Associates
Everyone wants to have a beautiful smile and to feel confident about it. One of the very best options to enhance your smile is to get Teeth Crowns. Teeth Crowns can easily make your teeth stronger and improve the way they look, so let’s see what crowns are and why you may need them.
Various dental issues require Teeth Crowns, for example:
• Weak or Fractured Tooth: In such cases Teeth Crowns are placed to protect weak teeth or teeth (from decay) from breaking or to hold parts of a cracked tooth together.
• To Restore Broken Tooth: If tooth or teeth are cracked, worn down or weakened, dentists place Teeth Crowns to restore the appearance and functions.
• In Case of Cavity that is Too Large for Filling: To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left.
• Dental Bridges: Teeth Crowns are also placed to hold dental bridges in place.
• Cosmetic Modification: Teeth Crowns are used when the teeth are misshapen, discolored or crooked.
Teeth Crowns are the cover “caps” placed over the teeth. Teeth Crowns restore the teeth, their normal shape, color, size and even the functions. When Teeth Crowns are cemented into place, they fully encase the entire visible portions of the teeth.
Permanent crowns can be made from metal (for instance, gold, silver or other alloys), from stainless steel, porcelain-fused-to-metal, all-resin or all-ceramic.
Metal Teeth Crowns rarely chip or break and are not easy to wear down, however their color is different from your natural teeth.
Porcelain-fused-to-metal Teeth Crowns can be matched to natural teeth color, but sometimes the metal under the crown’s porcelain cap shows through as a dark line. Such Teeth Crowns are a good choice for front or back teeth.