World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organisation dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the root causes of poverty and injustice. Working in nearly 100 countries around the world, we serve all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness; Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
Our Mission Statement
World Vision is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Our mission is pursued through integrated, holistic commitment to promote:
• Transformational Development – Community-based and sustainable, focusing especially on the needs of children
• Emergency Relief – Assisting people afflicted by conflict or disaster
• Promotion of Justice – Seeking to change unjust structures affecting the poor among whom we work
• Partnership with Churches – Contributing to spiritual and social transformation
• Public Awareness – Leading to informed understanding, giving, involvement and prayer
• Living out our Christian Values – By life and deed.